Quality Assurance - Palo Alto, CA, United States
Flipboard, the world's first social magazine, is hiring!
Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is on a quest to transform how people discover, view and share content by combining the beauty and ease of print with the power of social media.
Flipboard has raised $60.5 million from legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures, and Insight Venture Partners as well as media innovators including Jack Dorsey co-founder of Twitter, Dustin Moskovitz co-founder of Facebook, Ashton Kutcher, and The Chernin Group.
QA Engineer Responsibilities:
Join our QA team and make a difference in the quality of Flipboard's software seen by millions worldwide. You will contribute to the development of the Platform QA by:
• developing and maintaining test environments
• conducting functional and performance tests of Flipboard's platform including web services, ops infrastructure, and frontend clients
• writing and maintaining test plans and cases, test automation scripts, and QA tools;
maintaining JIRA projects and triage bugs
• working with engineering, operations, and community to debug live Production issues.
Ideal skills, experience and qualities:
• 3+ years White Box QA experience (some Blackbox QA too)
• Unix/Linux environments and knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as JAVA, Perl, Python, or Ruby
• Browser test automation frameworks (Selenium, Watir, or iMacros)
• Web load/performance test frameworks (JMeter, Grinder, or Faban)
• JAVA profiling tools (Yourkit, JProfiler)
• Popular social networks (Facebook/Twitter)
Why Join Flipboard?
• Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
• CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft), all delivering high-level valuations.
• Exciting and collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
• Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
• Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
• Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
Benefits & Perks:
• 401(k) with company contribution
• Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
• Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
• Flexible hours
• Subsidized commuter programs
• Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
• Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
• Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
• Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise) you’d like to organize.