Last updated March 26, 2013
NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
Flipboard respects the intellectual property of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), Flipboard responds expeditiously to claims of infringement.
If you are the owner of the exclusive rights in any intellectual property, or are authorized to act on behalf of one or authorized to act under any exclusive right granted to the owner of intellectual property and you wish to send Flipboard a notification of claimed infringement, complete and submit a Notification Claimed Infringement and deliver it to Flipboard as specified below.
Notification of Claimed Infringement (a “Notice”)
- Identify the work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the website where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non- identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Flipboard users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance, to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions, for advertising or advertising targeting purposes.
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the material or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to:
Copyright Agent, 214 Homer Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY
Flipboard has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders who are repeat infringers. A repeat infringer is any user that has uploaded User Content to the Services and for whom Flipboard has received more than two takedown notices compliant with applicable law with respect to such User Content, absent exception circumstances. Additionally, we reserve the right to terminate subscribers and accounts holders who infringe on a single occasion if the circumstances warrant.